Our staff loves to work here and it shows. We have caregivers who have been with Harmony Residential Care for more than 10 years. That means you won’t keep seeing new faces. You will form a relationship with our caregivers, and they will form a bond with you and your family. There’s a comfort level in knowing you will see the same faces day after day. Our caregivers clean the homes and prepare meals as well.
Our staff loves to work here and it shows.
We have a strict training policy at Harmony Residential Care. Our staff goes through monthly training, and they must complete those training requirements before the next payroll. All of our caregivers are certified both in food safety, and the administration of medication. Their training is constant and ongoing.
At orientation our new hires must take the following courses and pass corresponding exams before they begin their training with our residents:
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- First Aid: Heart Attack, Choking, Falls, Stroke,
- Safe Food Handling
- Confidentiality of Records and Resident Information
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Resident Rights
- Reporting Requirements for Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation
- Methods to Provide Quality Resident Care
- Medical Emergencies
- Medication Assistance
- Understanding Service Plans Based on Resident Assessment
- Caregiving Core Values and Teamwork
Once hired and trained, our caregivers take an additional 18 courses throughout the year, including:
- Alzheimer's and Dementia: Signs and Symptoms
- Dementia From the Person's Perspective
- Daily Care: Bathing and Grooming
- Environment: Creating a Sense of Calm
- Memory Enhanced Activities
- Communicating with People who Have Dementia
- End of Life
- Care Goals at the End of Life
- Grief and Loss: Care Team and Family
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Promoting and Maintaining Good Mobility
- Understanding Chronic Health Conditions in Senior Populations
All of the employee certification is on file and available upon request.